PC Game Online

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why do people think so little of miniature wargamers?

I have had many of my friends and other people I know that are athletes to nerds tell me that I need to get a life because I set up battles with miniatures. This is not all I do either. I also play electric guitar and a million other hobbies, but no matter what, people think you have no life if you wargame. Some of the people whom have said I need a life play WoW nonstop and play xbox all the time. Is there something I'm missing here?



I wouldn't sweat what they think. I used to do the mini wargames too waaaay way back, and I'm also an avid WoW gamer. WoW is very similar except you're playing in virtual reality and the quests have been setup for you. (XBox is boring if you ask me, and I do have one.)





Try finding a mini wargame guild to hang out with. Don't sweat it. Some people love bowling, some love football, and tons of people simply do not get the point of watching golf or baseball. If you're not able to share your interests with your current friends, expand your network. Shared interests are the path to male bonding so there is that subtle pressure to fit in. Knocking others down for being different is also a male thing--creating the pecking order. So don't let it bug you (or at least don't let them see you unsure of yourself.) Be true to who you are and, trust me, when you make the right friends, these people will be convinced you are the coolest one on the block.




I paint minis but I've never understood the games. That said, there a guy on one of the forums who plays Warhammer but is also a serving Marine.




Hey I do the same thing and my friends make fun of me for it, too. Who cares. If you like doing it, then do it.




I play call of duty, Halo, and crossfire. All my friends don't stereo-type like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment